Nursing Care Plan for Constipation
Nursing Care Plan – Constipation
January 16, 2023 – 10:14 am
Constipation, costiveness, or irregularity, is a condition of the digestive system in which a person experiences hard feces that are difficult to expel.
- This usually happens because the colon absorbs too much water from the food. If the food moves through the gastro-intestinal tract too slowly, the colon may absorb too much water, resulting in feces that are dry and hard.
- Defecation may be extremely painful, and in severe cases (fecal impaction) lead to symptoms of bowel obstruction.
Causes of constipation:
- may be dietary
- anatomical a side effect of medications (e.g. some opiates)
- or an illness or disorder.
Treatments consist of:
- changes in dietary and exercise habits
- the use of laxatives, and other medical interventions depending on the underlying cause.
- Drink plenty of water. Most people who suffer from constipation are dehydrated. Water is essential in moving waste matter through the colon. Drinking 6 to 8 8-oz. glasses of water can help prevent constipation.
- Eat a high fiber diet. Fiber is an important element in promoting healthy digestion. Fiber helps to add bulk to stools, making them easier to pass through the bowel. Your diet should include fiber-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Avoid dehydrating liquids such as soda, coffee and tea. Avoid too much alcohol consumption, as alcohol also has a dehydrating effect on the body. Cut your intake of meat, eggs, cheese and refined processed foods.
- Start an exercise program. Studies show that regular exercise can prevent constipation.
- Cleanse your colon with natural remedies such as Colon Sweep. There are products available that are made with natural ingredients, including psyllium husks, and can help to cleanse your colon of built-up waste resulting from constipation.
- Take natural remedies such as Natural Moves that can relax the bowel, ease tension and promote regular bowel movements. Many such products are available online or at health food stores.
Helpful Habits include:
What does internal medicine mean?
What is the meaning of hypothesis in science?
What is the meaning behind boyfriend by dove cameron?
How to screen record with audio?
What does it mean when your pee is orange?
What would be some good tips for sixth grader becoming seventh graders?
Tips on how to look after your husband?
How to make milk dud cue tips?
What does polytheistic mean?
How old do you have to be to open a bank account?
What does the bear represent?
How to address an envelope?
How to slow down a video?
How to divide section google docs tricks?
How to backup iphone?
What is the meaning of bcc in email?
What is the meaning of kwanzaa?
What are the products of a neutralization reaction?
What is the meaning of rendezvous?
What does hectic mean?
How do you mean?
How to make 100k a year?
What is an op ed?
How to apply polygel with tips step by step?
Who wrote a diary about a cat called adolphus tips?
What does tysm mean in texting?
How to get rid of allergies fast?
How long do you have to quarantine?
How to make brown food coloring?
What are some new tips for fall flowers?
What does halibut taste like?
Chargrill big easy keeping clean tips when ising?
What three tricks in renegade racing are airborn?
How to stretch hip flexors?
how to tune ip helper windows 8
What does etched mean?
What time does the irs update the refund status?
what does google chrome helper mean in activity monitor
How to make a yarn pom pom?
What does echo dot do?
What is the meaning of attuned?
The game of life and how to play it?
What is the meaning of gorgeous in hindi?
What does brick and mortar mean?
What is the meaning of ivy by frank ocean?
What does a unicorn mean?
vshare helper crashes when opening
What does a program manager do?
How to sell stuff on amazon?
Why are the tips of my nails transparent?
How to get sap off car?
Say when shirt meaning?
What is suffix mean?
What is hollaback girl meaning?
Must know tricks when switching android to ios 9 ne?
What is lipoma?
wii u usb helper where to set game folder
How to reset firestick?
What does e pluribus unum mean?
What nba games are on?
how to become a welders helper
How to apply for snap when you work for tips?
What is of?
What are gender stereotypes?
What does oa mean?
What does watt mean?
What is the meaning of expanse?
How to grow a pineapple?
Infinite limit tricks when exponents are different?
What are the symptoms of high b12 levels?
Tips on how to flirer?
What time does the sun go down today?
What are shrooms like?
What does 0 finance mean?
How long does it take irs to approve refund?
How to make a mirror?
How to tell if propane tank is empty?
What is internal medicine?
How to dispute credit report and win?
What does a grey check mark mean on messenger?
How to do ool card tricks?
How to remove something from a picture?
What are comets?
What are ginger shots good for?
Based on the context clues, what is the meaning of the word punitive in the passage?
What does ph measure?
What is the meaning of neighbors?
What is lipase?
What does magnanamous mean?
How to relieve sinus pressure in ears?
What is a septum?
What the meaning of inc?
How to not be insecure?
What does tsh mean in a blood test?
Tips on how to jump higher?
How to check oil level in car?
How to whiten teeth instantly?
What does kewpie mayo taste like?
How old donyou have to be to buy a gun?
- Have regular mealtimes, no skipped meals.
- Chew your food well.
- Eat slowly.
- Be more active. Get some daily exercise.
- Use the bathroom at a regular time each day.
AACN Advanced Critical Care is a peer-reviewed nursing journal and an official publication of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. It is intended for "experienced critical care and acute care clinicians at the bedside, advanced practice nurses, and clinical and academic educators."
The journal is indexed and abstracted in: Academic...
You might also like
Incontinence: Nursing care plans for the elderly in ...
Nursing Care Plans | Nursing Student Guide for Nursing ...